Licensed Master Social Worker
Trained Postpartum Doula (BAI)
4+ years in Social work
2+ years as a Planned Parenthood Doula
Experience working with families of diverse backgrounds, traditions, and cultures
How Can I Help You?
Why Invest in Postpartum & Parent Consultation?
1. Research indicates that having the support provided by a postpartum doula can reduce the incidence of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
2. Parents supported by doulas also have increased rates of breastfeeding.
3. Parenting is the hardest job on the planet and there is no easy button! The good news; positive reinforcement strategies are proven to increase desired behaviors and decrease stress in parents!
4. It is common for couples to struggle with differing parenting styles. Parent consultation provides individualized assistance to help you and your partner work as a team.
5. Also, new parents will inevitably be inundated with a tsunami of advice. Both services can help parents wade through these suggestions and find their own path.
Autumn is a wealth of knowledge—I took her cloth diapering workshop and went from feeling completely overwhelmed about potentially cloth diapering, to confidently planning to cloth diaper the daughter we were expecting. We also found Autumn to be really caring and supportive; she was incredibly patient in answering our questions and focused on helping our family figure out what was right for us. We’re looking forward to checking out her other workshops and postpartum support services!
Emily Pagano, Parent
"I recommend Autumn Ingram, LMSW without reservation. Autumn’s blend of competence, knowledge and kindness is extraordinary. I would send my daughter, and her family, to Autumn in a flash and know that they were receiving excellent information, support, and /or guidance."
Nikki Colodny, M.Ed., MD
My wife and I wanted to take a moment to express our appreciation to you and your staff for working with you to complete the Triple P-Positive Parenting program. It’s been a little over a year since our family participated in the program and we feel very well prepared to help our child through difficult situations in the future.
At first, as you may remember, we were very skeptical to reach out for your help and involve you in our issues. Thanks to your gentle persuasion and confidence in your skills and the Triple P Program, we accepted your offer to help us and we started the program in the summer of 2015. Two week after we started the program, we knew we made the right decision as we realized that all parents could benefit from this course!
In looking back, Triple P really clicked for us when we implemented the techniques we learned from the Triple P videos and the role playing. Just a few weeks after working with you, we were already gaining new ground. By rewarding her for her positive actions, and making her accountable for her own decisions, we have learned how to treat other with respect and we have grown stronger as a family.
If you ever need a referral or are working with a family who may be skeptical of the Triple P Program, please let me know. We would be thrilled to recommend you and the program!
Thank you again for the opportunity to work with you and the valuable skills you have given our family."
John and Pam S., Parents, Tolland County